First Grade Newsletter
This Week Language Arts: February 8th, 2018
Story: Life Cyles
- Vowel Sound:
- Phonics: Words with –ed, Comparative Endings –er, Consonant Pattern-dge
- High Frequency Words: grow, live, new, soon, before, does, good-bye, oh, right, won’t
- Vocabulary Development: fishing, writing, camping, running, hiking, swimming, reading, dancing
- Writing: Writing a Strong Introduction and Conclusion for Opinion Writing
- Story: Eva the Beekeeper
- Vowel Sound: e (e_e, ee, e) u (u_e); Vowel Digraphs ai, ay
- Phonics: Singular and Plural Possessives
- High Frequency Words: always, been, these, give, about, enjoy, surprise, worry, would
- Vocabulary Development: Words for Seasons: spring, rainy, summer, sunny, winter, snowy, fall, windy
- Unit 6: “Would You Rather be an Eagle or a Whale?
- Are You Wearing Buttons?
- What Would You Rather Be?
- Eagle or Whale Representations
- Vocabulary: data, survey, represent, representation, data, equation
- Unit 6 “Would You Rather be an Eagle or a Whale”
- Designing a Survey
- Representing Survey Data
- Comparison Problems
- Vocabulary: representation, how many more, more than, fewer than